Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Elf on the Shelf



Really if you haven't checked "The Elf on the Shelf" out you should. Brilliant, just brilliant. 
The premise is that the Elf sits on the shelf and keeps an eye on the children and then reports back to Santa every night about it they were good or bad. And because he leaves every night the kids wake to find him on a different shelf. So I decided to use this to my advantage.....insert evil laugh here, BWAHAHAHAAAAA


The first night I wasn't so clever and my daughter woke to find him on the bookshelf. Then the second night I moved him to the shelf in the bathroom. Nola ( my 4 year old) found him the next morning and with a confused and amused look on her face she asks " Mama the bathroom seems like kinda of a silly place for him to be?" And I said, " Because he wants to make sure you are brushing your teeth everyday!".....insert evil laugh, BWAHAHAHAAAAA


So then the 3rd night I put him on the shelf above the kitchen stove. And when my daughter awoke the next morning she ran around the house looking for him and when she finally found him she had that same confused-amused look on her face and said " Mama why is Happy ( O' yeah you get to name him too!) up there?" I replied holding my evil laugh back " He is making sure you eat all your vegetables!!" BWAHAHAAAA


Now I was not so clever last night and saw him sitting on the shelf in the kitchen. And before the kids came into the kitchen I hurried up and put him on the shelf behind the coffee pot between two plants. The kids turned the corner just as I set him down! Phew they didn't see me!! So I just went on with getting my coffee started. Nola was instantly on a mission to find Happy. Man she looked every where. I realized he was kinda a tucked away so I felt bad and said " O' here he is. How did he get here?" Nola said " I don't know Mom. That is a crazy spot." I said " He must of been so tired from his journey last night he walked in the door and couldn't make it any farther." Nola said " And now he wants some coffee!"


This whole thing has been way more fun then I expected. But my only caution to you is it is only for the true believers!! My son who is 2 could care less about Happy. But my daughter is a total believer. She even told me today when I picked her up from daycare that she was a good girl cause she wants the Elf to tell Santa she was good!


Little bit of Christmas magic never hurt anyone and who knows maybe it will work in your advantage too! Insert evil laugh, BWAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA
So check it out:
                            http://www.elfontheshelf.com/



2 comments:

  1. That is genius-I just wonder if you could keep it going all year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I think it would loose its oomph if it happened all year. Doesn't mean I can't remind them every now and then:)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what your thinking: